Horsemanship simply for your journey
Lessons by Lesley Wooten- Owner & Instructor:
I can help you develop a reliable foundation of skills and habits to forge a true partnership with horses. Horse-man-ship is about training yourself to be more mentally, emotionally, and physically fit for your horse. You can have a lot more fun riding horses when you understand how to control and trust your horse on the ground. Groundwork helps make riding safer and more accessible. Horse-man-ship is so much more than just riding; it is a lifestyle and can help you achieve your goals and happiness with horses.
Horsemanship can help you understand the horse's nature to better communicate your ideas with horses. The Lesley Wooten Horsemanship program is here to help educate and inspire you or your kids with a better all-around understanding of horses and riding. All level novice to advanced*
Here are some of the skills learned at LW Horsemanship:
- Safety & basic riding skills
- Foundation of habits & skills to enhance your relationship & riding with your horse.
- Performance horse development for English or Western riders
- English riding skills- jumping, flatwork, basic dressage.
- Western riding skills-barrel racing, rodeo, ranch work, basic reining
- Liberty & freestyle training
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Biomechanics for the rider - Proper seat position & balance for all riders
- Horse Psychology
- Horse care
- Trail riding
- Performance Training for showing
- Local showing for young riders available
- Colt starting or restarting young or older horses
How to get started with lessons?
- 1. First contact Lesley Wooten at 828 260 7938 texting is best*
- 2. Make an appointment by booking online or contacting Lesley.
- 3. Please contact Lesley Wooten 1 week prior to making appointment.
- 4. Lesson(s) will be part ground skills and riding based on your goals and experience.
- 5. Please bring proper riding attire like riding boots and helmet.
- 6. I have horses available to use or lease for lessons. Having your own personal horse is the best*
- 7. Please arrive on time and wait in parking area and I will come greet you!
- 8. Riding release must be signed.
- 9. Please come with a positive, progressive and natural attitude for learning.
- 10. Lessons can be canceled or rescheduled due to inclement weather, family sickness, or farm emergency. I do my best to give you a heads-up notice. If you need to cancel or reschedule please give me 24 hour notice.