Ready to hit the trail in the Mountains? Please read the following below to
understand how we operate our trail ride program
Location: Foscoe, NC on HWY 105 between Boone and Banner Elk
Here at Grandfather Stables we offer the new and better way of Trail Riding combined with learning. We want you to have a great riding experience outdoors. Also we believe that in order to have a successful trail riding experience on any horse riders must properly understand safety, respect, communication and control with horses.
Do you want to Trail Ride at Grandfather Stables? Cost: $100.oo per person for approximately 1hr/45min ride give or take a few minutes. Please ask about a promo code discount for returning customers! Trail riding requires reservation please call or coming soon check the calendar below
What to know and bring before you come take a ride.
Our goal and mission here at Grandfather Stables is to provide a educational, trustworthy, challenging, thrilling, safe and rewarding trail ride program to anyone that wishes to enjoy trail riding with horses! We will ride at the rate/speed level the group feels comfortable with. Your trail ride instructor has authority and must be respected followed at all times. Thank you and we hope to see you soon!
- The trail ride can take about 1hr/45mins give or take a few minutes.
- The trail ride will be a fun learning experience with our horses at Grandfather Stables.
- The Trail Ride will first start by connecting on the ground & riding in the saddle.
- Riders need to be at least 9 years of age. If riders are under 9 years we have other riding choices for them.
- Riders must sign riding release and follow all barn rules.
- Riders under 18 years must wear a helmet. Adults can choose to wear a helmet
- We can provide helmets.
- Riders are riding at their own risk
- Riders must be under 215lb
- Absolutely no smoking anywhere on stable property, littering, dogs anywhere at stables
- Children must be under supervision of adult. Do not let your children, climb gates, rocks, fence, or damage equipment.
- Please respect our stables, animals, property like you would want some to respect you home.
- No flips flops and riders cannot ride in shorts
- Riders need to bring riding boots or close-toed-shoes[nothing big tread], jeans/pants.
- Riders need to dress for the weather. Trail Rides are not cancelled due to light rain as we will ride in the indoor arena. Trail Rides will be cancelled for extreme weather [heavy snow, heavy rain]
- Grandfather Stables has the right to cancel a trail ride for any reason. Riders will be fully refunded or rescheduled due to our cancellation.
- Riders that need to cancel a reservation can reschedule for a later date or be refunded 90% of the made payment for the trail ride if cancellation is made 1 day prior to the start time of the trail ride. If you must cancel within 1 day of the trail ride the refund is 75% of the payment.
- The best way to contact us is by phone 828-963-5000